Keep a stash of these in the freezer to grab when you are on the go, to stave off the temptation of chocolate bars!
- 250g dates (pitted)
- 150g gluten free oats
- 270g mixed nuts & seeds (your choice) larger nuts roughly chopped.
You can actually add any nut & fruit ingredients you like. My favourites are: goji berries, cranberries, dried blueberries, sunflower seeds, pumkin seeds, sesame seeds, hazelnuts, almonds, pecans.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees
- Put the dates & oats together in a food processor & whizz up until completely mixed & forms a sticky dough.
- Put the sticky date mixture into a bowl & add the nuts & seeds. Mix well, so the nuts & seeds are distributed evenly throughout the mixture.
- Take a small amount of the mixture (about 1-2 tbsp depending on how big a bar you want to make) & mould it with your hands into a rectangular bar.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, but keep a close eye on them as they can easily burn.
- Transfer to a wire rack & allow to cool before eating.