These sweet potato fries are delicious and packed full of nutrients.
They are both addictive and healthy!
- 3 sweet potatoes cut into wedges or fries
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- Pink rock/sea salt & pepper
- 2 peeled cloves of garlic
- Flour for coating (optional) choose gluten free eg, chickpea or buckwheat flour
Choose from the list below of suggested flavours:
- A generous pinch of paprika
- Finely chopped rosemary
- A good pinch of Chinese 5 spice powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 C / 400 F
- Put the coconut oil and garlic into a roasting pan and place in the oven until it is melted and hot.
- Whilst the oil is heating, chop up the sweet potatoes
- Pat them dry & lightly dust with the flour and a generous coating of the flavouring of your choice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When the coconut oil is melted carefully place the sweet potatoes in the roasting pan and toss to make sure all the fries are lightly coated in the oil.
- Spread the fries out into a single layer to ensure they all crisp up and plae them back in the oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, turning them over about half way through the cooking time or until the outer layer is crispy and the inside soft.
And for dessert….
For the sweet version of this, chop the sweet potatoes up as before, but this time dust in coconut flour, with ½ tsp of ground cinnamon and ¼ tsp grated nutmeg.
A fantastic healthy choice for someone with a sweet tooth!