Basic Cashew Cream Recipe
This sounds more fiddly & long winded than it actually is. I promise you that it will take about 15 minutes. The most difficult bit is remembering to soak the nuts for about 4 hours before. This activates the nuts, which basically means starting the germination process making the nutrients more accessible for digestion & absorption into the body. It also softens the nut making it much easier to process & a lot creamier!
So here we go……
- Put 150g of cashew nuts that have been soaked for 3-4 hrs, drained & rinsed into a food processor or strong blender.
- Add 150ml of filtered water. I suggest you add half of this to begin with & then slowly add the rest depending on the consistency you desire. (Less water for making ‘cheese’, more water for making runny sauces, such as chocolate sauce.)
- Blend well until smooth. (this can take a good few minutes)
- Instead of using cauliflower you could substitute in celeriac, parsnip, carrot or sweet potato.
- This dish can be made ahead and kept in the refridgerator for a couple of days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- 1 large cauliflower
- ½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove, finely minced (optional)
- Pink rock salt (or sea salt) & Pepper
- Chives (optional ~ for garnish)